x264 rev2140+631 tMod ( Unofficial –device )
Sources on GitHub: https://github.com/astrataro/x264_tMod.
Use win32thread and fprofiled:
– Update x264 to git-devel rev2140, with some asm optimization for high bit depth build;
– Add UNOFFICIAL “–device”. In x264 mail list it is said that “–device” has been finished but need test, however many encoders always ask me how to tweak the settings for PSP and I think they need this switch as soon as possible, so I made my own one. It does only a simple restriction on parameters, but it won’t automatically re-scale the video if the final resolution is not capable for the device, as that is much more complicated. Also many device has restrictions on not only video tracks but also other tracks like audio tracks, which is not my concern;
– Increase precision in encoding fps, as someone writes heavy avs scripts and uses insane settings of x264 which slows the speed to even 0.01fps…. ( Edit on 12 Jan: Because of adding “spf” into log file, if you have written a batch encoding script, which automatically reads bitrate from log file of previous pass, and uses it in the next pass, it might be necessary for you to check your script to see if it still works for my mod or not. I believe that it won’t be a problem to add some workaround to adjust it to both new and old style.😛 )
– Add more detailed –zones information in full help. Many settings are not available in zones, but x264 won’t give a warning, and many people mis-used them.
—– How to load subtitles internally –—
These builds ported subtitles video-filter from direct264, and are able to render subtitles internally.
To render subtitles in this way, demuxer must be libav/ffms. Raw/avs demuxer is not supported for now. And VSFilter.dll(for 32-bit builds) or VSFilter64.dll(for 64-bit builds) must be placed together with the x264 binary or in the system path. Do NOT change filenames of them.
Rendering multiple subtitles is possible. Now you can render at most 16 subtitles simultaneously by calling –sub for each subtitles. Note that the later calling of –sub overlays the subtitles after previous calling of –sub, so if several subtitles are in the same position, the last one should overlays on all those rendered before.
The VSFilters are modified to add custom csri API. Patches can be found in svn of direct264 project. Therefore do NOT replace them with other builds. BT.709/BT.601 is auto detected according to video resolution. For HD videos BT.709 is used and for SD videos BT.601 is used.
Both 8-bit and 10-bit builds can use subtitles rendering, but rendering always takes place in 8-bit colorspaces.
The commandline example to render subtitles:
x264_32_tMod-8bit-420.exe –sub “subtitles-1.ass” –sub “subtitles-2.ass” –sub “subtitles-3.ass” –video-filter subtitles[/Other video filters] [Other x264 options] –output “output.mp4″ “input.mkv”
——– Attention on high bit depth usage ——–
Several days before madshi pointed out that x264′s internal low bit depth to high bit depth conversion and high bit depth to low bit depth dithering is incorrect. The present converting and dithering algorithms seem to work correctly on full range sources of RGB and Y plane of YUV. Till now neither x264 nor swscale has a correct chroma upscaling algorithm for full range sources, and I didn’t make one. Anyway, the converting algorithm of x264 is absolutely wrong on limited range sources, according to ITU-R 601/709′s standard, in which the conversion should be done by simply appending LSBs of zero to the source. The dithering algorithm may also causes overflow on limited range source. So I hacked on my tMod builds to solve this issue.
When the input and output bit depth are the same, no conversion or dithering will be apllied. Otherwise when used with “–fullrange on”, the conversion and dithering will be exactly the same with x264′s original algorithm, which is still not reliable for YUV sources, so it is recommanded to use your own reliable approaches to convert those sources by yourself before passing them to my x264 builds; if used without “–fullrange on”, the conversion will be done by shifting according to the standard, and the dithering algorithm is fixed as well, so that the result should be absolutely right.
00:L-Smash（including audio encoding）;
01:More detailed version head
02:Add back “touhou” tune
03:Film Grain Optimization
05:Remove stats before renaming
06:Add a parameter to set level of writing options in User Data Unregistered SEI
07:Utilize internal threading in lavf/ffms
08:Auto VBV settings
10:filters hqdn3d pad vflip yadif patch
16:New experimental AQ mode (modification of Auto-variance AQ)
17:Correct the limited-range 8->10 conversion algorithm Now
18:Print video info with lavf/ffms demuxer
19:lto & Ofast
20:AviSynth 16bit hack
21:Skip bit depth filter when possible
22:Video filter: subtitles
23:Detect color matrix with lavf/ffms demuxer
24:Fix AviSynth color space converting matrix
25:High-precision fps (new!!)
26:Unofficial –device (new!!)
27:More detailed “zones” help (new!!)
28-1:MixAQ-core;（only in tMod+MixAQ version, remove AQDebug）
28-2:OreAQ-core.（only in tMod+OreAQ version, remove AQDebug）
VSFilter svn-r3698 (MPC-HC)
opencore-amr-0.1.2 r178 git-08d6986